Homeowner Insurance Association Specialists
Important Information for HOA Boards
Insurance Policy Notices
From time to time insurance companies will inspect properties they insure. If a high risk situation is observed, they will usually notify the management company so that appropriate action can be taken. These notices should be given top priority and corrected as fast as reasonably possible.
The most likely violations to be reported are:
- Gates or locks not working properly,
- Slip and fall hazards requiring repair,
- Inadequate or missing pool warning signs or safety equipment,
- Fire extinguishers need servicing,
- Trash bins not closed (fire hazard),
- Excessive weeds near buildings, and
- Burned out exterior light bulbs
Management companies and HOA board members should be alert to possible risks and should do everything reasonably possible to minimize them.